T he North Avenue Business Association’s mission is to enhance the overall commercial district’s image and promote the long-term economic viability of the business district on North Avenue, located currently between but not limited to Harlem Avenue and Austin Boulevard.
- Safety and emergency preparedness for the North Avenue Business District
- Identify parking concerns along North Avenue Business District
- Promote Business Growth for the North Avenue Business District by being inclusive and denounces any business or organization that discriminates on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
- Improve Streetscaping (building façade and sign improvements, landscaping and sidewalk maintenance; provide info on grant/loan programs for facades and signs)
- Partnerships between North Avenue’s businesses, shared municipalities and police departmentsin Chicago and Oak Park
- Create marketing and communications mechanisms